Are you trying to achieve the perfect summer body? Do you want to get rid of the problematic belly fat that has been bothering you for a long time now? Don’t worry! We have got it covered for you here. Read ahead and find out ways to lose belly fat fast.
Why Does Belly Fat Occur?
Belly fat is just an accumulation of fat layers around your lower abdomen region. There are two types of belly fat.
The first one occurs mainly around the visceral part. This part includes the organs. Another type of belly fat is subcutaneous, which accumulates underneath the skin.
Out of the two, the belly fat, which contributes towards visceral obesity is much more harmful than subcutaneous fat.
There are various ways in which a person can gain belly fat. A large part of this fat accumulation is because of a poor diet. Anything which has an excess of fat contents tends to harm the body.
However, some of these fats are called good cholesterol. Good cholesterol is essential for your body and is better known as HDL (high-density lipoprotein). Anything other than these fats is not suitable for your body. Thus, it disrupts your body’s metabolism.
Other factors that contribute to belly fat accumulation could be high-stress levels. People who have an office desk job that lasts for 10 hours or more daily constitute a higher percentage of people with belly fat.
This is also due to lack of movement, which brings us to another point: lack of exercise. A sedentary lifestyle adds to obesity. People who do not engage in workout routines also have a higher tendency to gain belly fat because they are not burning any fat.
When Does Belly Fat Become a Problem?
Belly fat becomes a problem when it starts to interfere with our health conditions. Various diseases occur when your weight goes off the standard mark.
Once you are overweight, you will start facing the consequences. In most cases, this results in compromised health because of developing chronic medical conditions.
The first thing that belly fat will disrupt is your heart’s normal functioning. Since there is an excess of fat running along the blood vessels, it leads to deposition of it in the visceral layers of your belly.
The high levels of circulating fats have already damaged your vessels, so your cardiovascular problems start arising from here. Other issues that are linked with belly fat include:
- Diabetes (Type 2)
- Heart attacks
- Elevated blood pressure
- Dementia (Alzheimer’s and other diseases)
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
Belly Fat – just a health problem or more?
We all know that visceral obesity causes several health problems. But is your health the only thing which is compromised? Is there anything which runs is more profound than a mere health drawback regarding belly fat?
Let’s talk about bulimia nervosa. It’s a psychological eating disorder. Many people who are obese suffer from it. A person suffering from bulimia nervosa binge eats and then has a guilt trip.
As a result of the aftermath of this guilt trip, the person then makes himself/herself throw up all the food that was consumed earlier. Since belly fat is one of the toughest to loose, people find it hard to cope with it.
Moreover, you start having body dysmorphic disorder. This means that you do not like the way you look. You start finding flaws in your appearance.
Body dysmorphism causes so much pain to some people that they may start looking for ways to channel out this frustration through self-harm.
Since being slim and size zero is the norm, it further feeds onto your insecurities. You scroll down your Instagram feed looking at models dressed in swimsuits showing off their midriff, and it gives you a frustrating feeling.
Body shaming is also another thing that people with belly fat might face. Once someone body shames you, there is a feeling of mistrust and fear that settles in. No matter what you do, there is a huge setback to your self-esteem, which results from how your body looks.
It’s Never Too Late
This article was not written to point out flaws and make you feel worse about your situation. We want you to know that belly fat is not a lifelong condition.
What’s even better is that there are so many easy ways through which you can lose belly fat fast. Therefore, there is no need to worry.
The first thing to start with is staying motivated. There are various ways in which you can do this. You can keep a chart that will track the inches of your belly so you can see the progress that will help you in pushing harder.
The tracking works even better if you try to follow this routine with some friend or colleague. In this way, you both will be at a competition, so at the end of every two weeks, you can compare your progress and also push each other.
You might not feel like working out every day. So if you are doing it with a friend of a sibling, the motivation does not die out so fast.
Another way to work on your motivation is to look at transformation pictures of other people online. Many people post their transformation journeys which show how they trimmed extra body fat by diet and exercise.
You can read such stories to keep yourself going when you feel hopeless. Knowing that other people in the world are facing similar struggles will give you hope and also inspire you for your own goals.
How to Lose Belly Fat – time to Act
Out of all the ways that can help you with how to lose belly fat in one month, we will be focusing mainly on natural methods. By this, we mean, that the primary goal will be to provide you with guidelines that will purely include diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Fiber: Increase fiber intake. Whenever you consume fiber, it absorbs water. This slows down gastric emptying which leaves you feeling fuller for longer durations.
- Alcohol: Cut down on alcohol. It contributes towards belly fat because it aids in visceral fat storage.
- Carbs: Decrease the number of carbs you take every day. This should specifically include high GI carbs. Carbs which are highly refined tend to harm the body as they also affect your body’s endocrine functions.
- Stress: Reduce your stress levels. Whenever we are stressed, our body produces a stress hormone called cortisol. Cortisol causes fat to settle around your belly. The hormone also increases hunger, thereby improving your appetite.
- Cardio: Aerobic exercises should be your best friend. Belly fat is considered to be perhaps one of the most challenging areas to work on. Several days of hard work and lots of diets goes into building abdominal muscles. High-intensity training and cardio exercises will help you to reach your goals to lose belly fat fast.
- Oils: Replace cooking oil with coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Both these oils will not only help you to lose weight but will also aid in overcoming health conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular problems.
- Drinks: Alcohol is a no-go area when it comes to losing belly fat, but other carbonated and sugary drinks should also be avoided. These are loaded with fructose that is harmful to your body. Instead, some drinks will help you lose belly fat faster, such as green tea, black tea, etc.
- Sleep: Get enough sleep! You have no idea about the impact a good night’s sleep has on your health. It does improve not only your health but also your mental condition. Make sure to rest for at least six to eight hours every night.
We hope this article was helpful to you. please feel free to comment below.